TUTORIAL: How to install your Third Eye inView
Guides / Manuals and Firmware
- inVIEW User Manual and Installation Guide
- Android and IOS Application Guide for inVIEW Management and Firmware Updates
- inVIEW Limited Warranty
- **See Below for Legacy Firmware Downloads** Please use IOS and Android App for updating
- Helmet Light Firmware - InView_Wireless_HL_V1_04
- Motorcycle Unit Firmware - **BETA** InView_Wireless_MC_V1_00
- Motorcycle Unit Firmware Update MC_V0_13
Frequently Asked Questions
Click to expand
- I installed the unit on the motorcycle and nothing lights up.
You might be missing the 1 amp fuse in the fuse holder. Install the fuse that comes as part of the installation kit in the fuse holder on the red ignition-on power wire.
- The directional lights are inverted.
The blue and yellow leads from the motorcycle transceiver unit were reversed upon installation on the motorcycle.
- My batteries are only lasting about a week and a half. Is that normal?
Customers have reported on average about two months worth of battery usage. Police units have reported about 4 weeks of battery usage and they are heavy users. If you find your battery not lasting more than a week or two we suggest updating the firmware on the helmet unit by going to the support page and downloading the latest version. Follow the instructions for Android or iOS to do the update.
- How do I find the wires for my brakes and turn signals?
To identify the wires on your motorcycle you can consult the wire diagram specific to your make and model from the internet. The wire diagram should indicate which color wire connects to the brake, left and right signals. You can then find those color wires on your bike and tap into them.
- When I replaced the batteries the helmet unit starts flashing the amber lights and beeping.
This will happen when the motorcycle is on and the inView helmet unit is positioned up-side-down. As soon as you re-position the helmet unit it will stop flashing and beeping.
- Power on LED on the motorcycle shows on, but unable to get brake or signal function on the helmet unit.
The fix for this is to upgrade the Firmware on the motorcycle unit. Please follow the iOS or Android firmware upgrade instructions above. If the Nordic Buttonless does not show up in the list you may need to power the unit off/on a couple of times (ignition on/off)