Click buttons to explore
- Brake & turn signal functionality – inView integrates with the motorcycle’s brake and turn signal system and duplicates what the motorcycle is doing.
- There is no on/off switch. You can’t forget to turn it on or off!
- Long battery life with common AAA, easily replaced batteries.
- Automatic diagnostics that test function, LEDs and battery life.
- inView is CAN-Bus compatible.
- Inversion protection protects you from installing it upside down.
- Updatable to add features and change functionality.
- Provides passive brake signaling (firmware update in Spring 2019).
- Features Ultra-bright LEDs – for daytime visibility.
- Easily transferred between helmets.
- DIY installation.
- Available in red and clear.
- Proudly designed, and manufactured in the USA.
- 1-year warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click to expand
- Not everyone wears a helmet, are there other mounting options?
Sure! We will have jacket clips, magnetic mounts and ways to add it to your boat or trailer. Stay tuned!
- I know I have seen this before.
You may have seen a very different product. There is a reason a wireless helmet brake and signal light hasn’t existed successfully before. Our technology didn’t exist. Dimly lit LEDs, poor battery life, on and off switches and lack of other features don’t make for a compelling product. Third Eye inVIEW is dramatically different – in every aspect. The unit you may be referring to is dramatically different than ours. We are very familiar with it and others that claim to do the same thing. Since they need to focus most of their battery power on RF communication, their unit must be turned on and off every time you ride. Forget to turn it on and it won’t help you, forget to turn it off and the batteries will be dead the next time you need to use it. We have one of these – and the LEDs are not bright – even at night. Ours exceed DOT specifications and are very bright even in direct sun. Their system won’t work on CAN Bus motorcycles. It’s not programmable and upgradable and cannot be moved from helmet to helmet (ie driver to passenger). We couldn’t find a single helmet it would fit to properly. Ours works on any helmet and any motorcycle. Ours offers built in diagnostics so you know the helmet is connected and working properly. We can turn on features like brake modulation, there is much more. And, we are proudly made in the USA.
- Gmax has a system, how is yours different?
Our unit is quite different from the Gmax. Since they need to focus most of their battery power on RF communication, their unit must be turned on and off every time you ride and the LEDs are not very bright – even at night. They don’t integrate turn signals and their system won’t work on CAN Bus motorcycles. It’s not programmable and upgradable and cannot be moved from helmet to helmet (ie driver to passenger). They have done a nice job with integration, but their light works on a couple of models of Gmax helmets only. Ours works on any helmet and any motorcycle.
- Can it be swapped between helmets?
Absolutely! We worked closely with 3M to secure a special hook and loop mounting system that is safe for your helmet, unobtrusive when the unit is not on your helmet, is secure in any weather conditions and allows for easy transfer between helmets. It is designed to break away in the event of a crash.
- Will there be add-ons available later? For example, I'd like to be able to get a second mount for my wife's helmet. That way when we ride two-up I can put it on hers.
The unit comes with 2 mounts – and is easily transferred between helmets. We will offer transmitters and receivers separately for families who share 1 bike or for individuals who have more than 1 bike but fewer helmets.
- What is the expected battery life and what kind of batteries will this use?
Our pilot units used (2) AAA and we had participants who used them for an entire season without needing to change them. Our RF protocol uses almost no battery energy – so battery consumption relates directly to LED use – the more you are on your brake the faster you need to change the batteries (that said, LEDs are getting both brighter and more efficient all the time).
- How hard is it to install?
It installs easily. We use new, posi-tap connectors that can tap wires in a way that total wire integrity is maintained. The transmitter connects to power, ground, brake and left and right directional. The transmitter itself is sealed and can be located almost anywhere – under the seat, behind the seat, etc. – wherever wires are easy to get to. It draws almost no power and works on all motorcycles, including those with CAN Bus electrical systems. Once installed, it requires no maintenance or user intervention. It syncs automatically with your motorcycle and sends brake and turn signals to your helmet receiver. The helmet receiver attaches easily with special 3M tape, and 2 mounts are included so it can be switched quickly between helmets. Batteries are installed by removing 2 screws.
- Can the helmet light/receiver be installed on a shorty helmet?
Our unit can be installed on any standard DOT helmet meant for street use with a smooth hard surface (i.e. it won’t adhere to a leather covered helmet). The only other requirement is the real-estate to install it – an unobstructed surface area of approximately 5″ x 2.5″.
- What is your warranty and return process?
Please see the separate "inView Limited Warranty" and "inView Return Policy" documents on our support page
- Where can I buy one of your units?
Through our "Buy it Now" page and select dealers nationwide.
- Do you have products other than the motorcycle helmet brake and signal light?
Yes. A wireless bicycle running and brake light is in prototype and we will offer a snowmobile brake and running light.
- Will it work with CAN-Bus systems?
Yes! Our technology was designed to work with virtually all 12v motorcycle electrical systems.
- Is your technology safe?
Absolutely! Our receiver produces less RF noise or radiation than a 20” loop of wire and is not impacted by typical infrared or radio frequency noise often found in urban areas.
- I have more than one motorcycle, can I use my helmet with all of them?
Absolutely! A single helmet can be linked to multiple transmitters. (e.g. someone who rides more than 1 bike)
- I have one motorcycle but multiple helmets, can I link them all to a single motorcycle?
Yes! A single transmitter can be linked to multiple receivers (or helmets – e.g., 1 motorcycle in a family with more than 1 driver).
- Won’t the brake light blind a passenger?
Our high performance attachment method allows you to easily move it to a passenger helmet when necessary. Our OEM/integrated unit (Phase II) features a temporary override feature which allows the light to be temporarily disabled via a magnetic key fob when worn with a passenger. This feature automatically resets to normal operation after pre-set period of inactivity (this eliminates having the unit remain disabled unintentionally).
- Does inView work on all motorcycles?
inView works on all 12V negative ground motorcycle systems including those with CAN-Bus. Indian motorcycles require an additional step to properly configure the unit to run with their electrical system. This configuration option is done through our iOS or Android app iusing the "Setup Motorcycle" meny button.